This Sunday I made some Tandoori Chicken after reading a receipe which was a bit different than the way I used to. I normally would have made this by using ready made tandoori chicken powder. But I used ingredients totally from scratch.
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 inch of ginger
1 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp of chilli powder or chilli flakes
4 tsp of unsweetened yogurt
splash of olive oil or sunflower oil
3-4 chicken legs
1. Mix the yogurt with the spices preferably in a blender. If you do not have a blender mix the ingredients in a smooth paste.
2. Slit the chicken with 1/2 inch slits.
3. Marinate the chicken for 8 hours or overnight.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C and cook the chicken pieces in there for about an hour till they are cooked.
I tried this recipe yesterday as I wanted something different for my lunch.
Rather than just fry some bacon and eggs I combined them together with addition of chilli flakes.
2 rashers of bacon
2 eggs (free range preferably)
1 onion or even a half would do.
chilli flakes or dried chillies or chilli powder or paprika powder
salt to taste
olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
1. Cut the bacon into small bite size pieces, I like my pieces to be a bit large so if you prefer very small pieces cut them accordingly.
2. Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the bacon and onion till almost cooked.
3. Beat two eggs in a bowl and add the chilli flakes to it. If you prefer more spice and have access to a dry chilli you can add this to step 1.
4. Pour the eggs to the onion, chilli and bacon and cook the eggs.
5. You can flip the eggs but there is a good chance it will break like mine. Alternatively you can put it in a grill for a few minutes till the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
Serve on its own or some bread.