I love getting a mix kebab (donner+chicken tikka+sheekh) over the weekend. But at a £5 price tag it is expensive. While I love donner kebab its also very fatty and unhealthy. Today I wanted to make my own takeaway meal with the chicken tikka on naan making it a good takeway meal to indulge on.
I should mention the recipe was spicy with some sweat streaming on my forehand so I if you can’t handle spice very well half the spices to make it mild.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and mix the chilli powder, paprika powder and cayenne pepper to the yoghurt to make it into a paste. Add the birds eye chilli to the paste and add the chicken pieces and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- On a hot pan add a slight dash of olive oil or sunflower oil and fry the chicken pieces on both sides.
- Grill the chicken on a medium grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the cucumber raita cut the cucumber into bite size pieces and mix it with the yoghurt and add the cumin and refrigerate it for an hour. I made the raita the same time as the marinade.
- Serve with salad or eat on its own.
Although the chicken was spicy I just used water to calm my mouth. How do you combat spicy food in your mouth, do you use water, milk, milkshake or just water?
I tried this recipe yesterday as I wanted something different for my lunch.
Rather than just fry some bacon and eggs I combined them together with addition of chilli flakes.
2 rashers of bacon
2 eggs (free range preferably)
1 onion or even a half would do.
chilli flakes or dried chillies or chilli powder or paprika powder
salt to taste
olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
1. Cut the bacon into small bite size pieces, I like my pieces to be a bit large so if you prefer very small pieces cut them accordingly.
2. Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the bacon and onion till almost cooked.
3. Beat two eggs in a bowl and add the chilli flakes to it. If you prefer more spice and have access to a dry chilli you can add this to step 1.
4. Pour the eggs to the onion, chilli and bacon and cook the eggs.
5. You can flip the eggs but there is a good chance it will break like mine. Alternatively you can put it in a grill for a few minutes till the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
Serve on its own or some bread.
Welcome to WordPress.com! This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.