It’s been a couple of weeks since my last post as I have been a quite busy not blog related but I have managed some recipes to sure be easy and yummy.
Like anyone else I am a big fan of fast food and takeaway McDonalds, Pizza hut, KFC you name it. I am a big fan of Chinese food but not a big fan of the hefty price tag associated with it and not mentioning the salt content. To satisfy my Chinese food craving I tried to find a recipe for a chow mein which was simple, easy and would not break the bank. And I was not disappointed with the recipe I found from the Chinese chef Ken Hom . I adapted by adding the recipe with some shreds of chorizo and the chilli giving some added heat to the dish.
- Add the shreds of the chicken to the marinade of 20mins.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and soak in cold water so it stopped cooking further
- In a wok or bigger pan add some vegetable oil and cook the chicken for 2-5 minutes till it’s cooked. Then set aside.
- Pan fry the spring onions, pepper, onion, chorizo, green beans and bean sprouts for a couple of minutes. Then set aside.
- Drain the noodles from the water and fry the noodles for a few minutes. Add the remaining cooked chicken and vegetables and add the marinade to the pan.
How do you cook your chow mein, I would like to hear your tips?
Note: I cooked the noodles and vegetables in batches especially if cooking for more than one person, unless you have a good wok.