I love getting a mix kebab (donner+chicken tikka+sheekh) over the weekend. But at a £5 price tag it is expensive. While I love donner kebab its also very fatty and unhealthy. Today I wanted to make my own takeaway meal with the chicken tikka on naan making it a good takeway meal to indulge on.
I should mention the recipe was spicy with some sweat streaming on my forehand so I if you can’t handle spice very well half the spices to make it mild.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and mix the chilli powder, paprika powder and cayenne pepper to the yoghurt to make it into a paste. Add the birds eye chilli to the paste and add the chicken pieces and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- On a hot pan add a slight dash of olive oil or sunflower oil and fry the chicken pieces on both sides.
- Grill the chicken on a medium grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the cucumber raita cut the cucumber into bite size pieces and mix it with the yoghurt and add the cumin and refrigerate it for an hour. I made the raita the same time as the marinade.
- Serve with salad or eat on its own.
Although the chicken was spicy I just used water to calm my mouth. How do you combat spicy food in your mouth, do you use water, milk, milkshake or just water?